One of my favorite things to do in the summer is visit as many patios as I can. In Edmonton, it seems like every year, new little gems pop up and I am always excited to try them all out. Here is a list of my top 10 patios picks in the city for drink and eats.
- CRAFT Beer Market – Beware of sunburns, they come out of nowhere on this patio.
- MKT Fresh Food & Beer Market – Great beer flights and beer blends. Mmmm…Beeeeer.
- Julio’s Barrio – Nachos, bulldogs, expanded patio, people watching on Whyte Ave. Enough said.
- O’Byrne’s Irish Pub – Great group hangout. If you get the end table, the people and car watching makes for a fun drinking game.
- 02’s Taphouse and Grill – Be careful not to drink too many bulldogs or the rooftop air will start to feel thin out. Or else you are getting tipsy.
- Local Public Eatery – Boot Caesar’s are a great way to start off a Sunday Funday.
- Brewsters Brewing Company – Great atmosphere. Plus the menu is entertaining to read.
- The Black Dog Freehouse – You can party the night away in the ‘fresh’ Whyte Avenue air rather than a stinky stuffy bar.
- The Next Act Pub – If you are lucky enough to land a spot, don’t move. The best tables are hard to come by.
- Casa de Marilee – The drinks are cheap, the view never changes and bed is only a few steps away.
- Doan’s Vietnamese Restaurant – Lunchtime vermicelli in the downtown sun (or shade). Many table options to suit the level of sun you desire.
- Nineteen – Great date night location with heaters, windscreens and a fireplace. The food rocks too.
- Violino Classic Italian Restaurant – An Italian gem that makes you feel like you are in a different city.
- Chianti Café and Restaurant – Large patio that gets great sun. Pasta Tuesday’s are affordable and delicious.
- The Parlour Italian Kitchen & Bar – Whether an afternoon lunch in the sun, or an evening dinner by the fireplace, the ambience won’t disappoint.
- Under the High Wheel – Amazing brunch on a small patio. Go on a Saturday so you can shop at the market after.
- Urban Diner – Diner food is always delicious. Enjoying it in the sun? Even better.
- The Sugarbowl Bar & Café – Great food, awesome atmosphere. Arrive early or you won’t get a seat!
- Harvest Room at Hotel Macdonald – The view is amazing and surroundings are quaint. You will leave feeling like royalty, and who doesn’t want live a day in the life of Will and Kate these days?
- Casa de Ma & Pa – Mom’s home cooking on a Sunday afternoon. It really doesn’t get better than this!
Happy Patio Picking!