One of the great things about having kids is that you get to do all those fun kid-focused activities. It’s perfectly acceptable to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon building blanket forts and colouring when you have a kid. But what about those people that don’t have kids? They shouldn’t have to miss out.
Here’s a few things to check out – whether you have kids or not. And if you feel weird doing these things sans child, offer to babysit. Your friends and relatives that have little people in their lives will welcome the opportunity to have some grown up time, possibly checking out Marilee’s patio picks or just taking a nap.
Places to Go
- TELUS Spark or World of Science
- Amusement parks
- Fair grounds
- The zoo
- Corn mazes
- The farm
- Go karting
Just Get Outside
- Scavenger and treasure hunts
- Sledding/tubing in the winter
- Play with bubbles – Kids love bubbles because they know they are awesome. Seriously, buy a bubble wand and see.
- Go on a picnic
- Trampolines – If you can’t find one of the backyard variety they have awesome indoor places filled with them!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Snow men/forts/angels
- Geocaching – I’ve never done this but I really want to
The Fun You Forgot
- Crafts – There are craft kits of all kinds but even just some basic craft supplies will provide endless fun – pipe cleaners, glue, crayons, scissors and construction paper
- Bike rides
- Kite flying
- Hide and Seek
- Card and board games – Remember UNO? Yeah, I’m a master